Lyra/Bruno parlor guitar repair - Projects - Audio Artillery

Lyra/Bruno parlor guitar repair

  1. Intro
  2. Removing bridge
  3. Removing neck
  4. Fretboard
  5. Reinstalling the neck
  6. Replacement bridge
  7. Finished!

1: Intro

I got this cheap off of ebay. It was my first guitar project. The bridge was wrong and unusable, theree was a crack under the tailpiece, it badly needed a neck reset, and the finish was terrible (especially on the back). I didn't refinish it but everything else was corrected. There are more pictures than details here since I did this years before posting it.


(click for full size)


 

2: Removing bridge

This went poorly. I used an iron to heat the bridge but I still ended up prying it off with a putty knife.


(click for full size)


 

3: Removing neck

This is the usual neck removal using a steam source. I drilled the wrong fret though, rookie mistake. This guitar was so loose it came apart anyways.


(click for full size)


(click for full size)


(click for full size)


 

4: Fretboard

This isn't a common fretboard wood. Some people speculated walnut. Hard to really say. It's pretty but very brittle. I probably should have soaked it in oil before attempting a defret, it may have gone smoother.


(click for full size)


 

 
next page >